
So, it came down to insulin. My body unfortunately has become too insulin resistant to manage my gestational diabetes with diet and exercise alone. It's good to know it's not something I could actually control because there is nothing more frustrating than doing everything right and still not being able to be in control! Good thing is.....still haven't gained any weight since I was diagnosed! And, I really didn't need to gain anymore so it's all working out. It does really stink to be pregnant and have to turn down every cookie and sweet that you pass by. I mean, sometimes I just want to eat what I want but I know that I can't. That's the only thing that helps is it isn't even an option, I can't! Oh, plus I have this little baby that's almost ready to meet me!!!!!!
So, last night I had to give myself my first injection. Again, I HATE needles. I've had to humble myself and brave up a lot during the pregnancy and this was just one more test. When you think about the baby and not yourself, everything is worth it. I did stand there for about 20 minutes just staring at the needle...getting close to my stomach and knowing there was just no way I was going to put that needle in my stomach! And, then Darryl tried to help me and I really felt like I just needed to do it myself. So, I did it and really it wasn't as bad as I thought. The anticipation is terrible!!!!! Way worse than the injection!


2 comments:
You are doing SO well Hannah! Keep up your good work. I am with you fairly often and I can vouch for how strict you are on your diet!! Hazel, Darryl and the rest of us are very proud of you!!
I know the feeling...been diabetic for years and feel like a pincushion!! Good Luck and hopefully these last weeks will go by fast for you!!
Take Care!
Post a Comment