Monday, September 8, 2008

Surprise!


So, yesterday I thought I was going to a family friend's birthday party and it was actually a SURPRISE BABY SHOWER with my extended family. Emily is on top of it and she's already sent me the pictures. Thanks Emily!

Hannah, Jill, Kelly, (Locke), Mama

I was totally shocked and I think that might be the first time someone has really pulled off a surprise (well besides when Darryl asked to marry me). I was totally shocked then as well. Thanks to Kelly, Emily, my mom and Jill for all of your hard work on the shower. It was perfect! Great food and awesome games. Oh, and really fun gifts too. Opening things for your daughter is the greatest thing ever. I mean, everything girl is cute...so you always win. This little girl is so spoiled by everyone already. Let me know if you have some advice on how to not let her be a brat!!!! Darryl and I already know she's coming with a little attitude because she is my child and we want her to be a little spoiled too. I think we'll walk a fine line with her and I'll love every minute of it.

Thank you everyone for coming and for the fun baby gifts. Hazel is appreciative and so are her mom and dad.

All the yummy and healthy food! Lots of fruit and veggies.

I wanted a piece of that cookie cake so badly....gosh, I'm ready to have this baby and be able to eat a cookie if I want a cookie!

The Cutest baby ever! He was decked out in pink for Cousin Hazel's shower. I love that little guy so much!

Cindy smelling the baby food. Wow, my baby food skills are great.
I got 7 out of 9 right.

For this game Emily had us put a note card on our head and draw what we think Hazel will look like without lifting up the pen. Um, she's not look'n too cute these days : )

For this game Emily had us use Playdough and mold our Baby Hazel.

Aunt Penny was the winner...although hers looked a lot like an old man...she gave her a butt crack!

The blanket that my great grandma made!

4 Generations! Hazel, Me, My Grandma and my Mom!

1 comment:

kbtoys said...

I cannot believe we pulled off a SURPRISE party! I never thought you'd really go along with it all and keep from finding out. YAY!

I'm glad it all worked out! And I hope Hazel likes all the gifts she got!