Saturday, September 27, 2008

Picture Perfect Princess!

We love our amazing baby! And, I am so happy to announce that I actually slept for longer than 15 consecutive minutes last night. Yeah!!!!! I went 5 nights with no sleep and then last night she slept for 3 hours, ate, 2 hours, ate and then 3 hours. Great job baby Hazel. I pray that she does it again tonight. My body is drained. I think it's a lot to expect a new mom who just had a baby to care for herself AND her baby AND her husband when she gets home. I also think I need to mention what an amazing father Darryl is and what a tremendous help he has been. I have never seen someone do so many loads of laundry (he actually reads the tags for laundering instructions), dishes, clean, run errands.....he has been such a trooper and is so amazing. It is the best thing for me to know we are doing this together and I love watching him with her. He loves her so much and is so proud of her. He was actually offended today at the hospital when a nurse just walked by her and didn't stop and comment on how cute she was. But, I will admit EVERY other person did. She was wearing her giant light pink bow today and that cuteness is hard to deny.

Today we went to the hospital for our second check on her jaundice levels. They had significantly dropped, so we finally get to take her off of her light up blanket. Since she has left the hospital, she's been a little glow worm. That was such a great thing for us because now we can freely move around our house with her. And, I'm sure she is much more comfortable now too. The only thing that really stinks about the test is it is done by a heal prick and then they bleed her foot until they fill a whole tube of blood. She HATES it and I think her mom hates it even more. Right from the beginning anything they did that hurt my daughter hurt me about 100 times worse! I can not stand to see her hurt or cry. She has about 20 places on her heal where they pricked her foot and then a small bruise on her hand where her IV was. These are pictures from today at the hospital.

I love when my daddy is holding me tight.

Today she got her first package in the mail from Grandma Hilliard! Grandma sent Hazel 4 little outfits and a very sweet card. Hazel is way too small for her newborn clothes, so it is nice to have some preemie outfits. I'm sure she'll be out of them soon, but she truly swims in newborn. So teeny tiny! Thanks Grandma Hilliard and Hazel is so excited to get her new recliner soon and start her weekly photos. Also, I have LOVED the red recliner in her nursery. It is so comfy!


Hazel is great at lifting her head up and making eye contact. In this picture I had her laying on my chest and she raised her head and looked right at me. Priceless!



She is mean mugging!

I love those rolls!

As you can see, she ALWAYS has her hands by her face. She likes to rub her face and run her fingers over her hair. It's so cute!






Here is a picture of me from the hospital when I was a glow worm!


I just love this picture!

Hazel loves her beautiful Aunt Emily.

Hazel's first and hopefully last encounter with the police!

Now those are some chops!

Get out of here! This picture is amazing. Her dad was so lucky to capture her adorable smile. She was just tickled about something.


Aunt Kelly came over today to hold me and I loved it! Thanks Aunt Kelly!!!! Next time come over at 3 am and hold me.

Yes, my mom puts bows in my hair that are larger than my head.

This was the first bow she ever wore from Aunt Emily. How cute!


6 comments:

Emily said...

Hannah!!! These pictures are INCREDIBLE!!!! Oh my gosh, she is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...your pictures of Hazel are so beautiful! She is stunning! The one of her smiling is priceless and the one of her on the flowered blanket is gorgeous. She is nothing short of perfect!
Congratulations Hilliards!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Emily and wanted to tell you congratulations on the sweet baby girl. I love her name and think she is so adorable! You two did a great job. Hazel has 2 good looking parents, she is destined to be beautiful. Keep up the good work! God Bless your new little family. Best wishes!!

kbtoys said...

oh man, Darryl and I both have on our Beatles shirts! YAY! I didn't even know he had one. :-)

I was SO glad to finally come hold my niece! I could come hold her at 3 am, just let me know when you want me..!

Michelle said...

SO P-R-E-T-T-Y!
My favorite is of her giggling!

Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

These pictures make me so excited for our little one to get here!! She is so darling!! If our little missy doesn't make her debut before, we get induced Saturday! I love the pics of Hazel...keep them coming!! (which I'm sure will not be a problem!)