Friday, May 2, 2008

What's in a Name?

So, here lately, being pregnant has been great! I truly have no "pregnancy" symptoms at all (besides weight gain, about 8lbs so far). I hope it doesn't catch up with me by either having a bad child or a rough third trimester. I am yet to have ever gotten sick (throw-up) from being pregnant. Yippee!! There were a few days when everything I ate just kind of made me feel yuck. And, one day where I almost passed out in the shower. But, those days are gone and I actually feel just like I did before I was pregnant. Now I'm at that point I'm wondering if the baby is still really in there, if its going to be healthy.....

I have completely stopped having a preference as to the sex of Baby Hilliard! I just pray for a happy and healthy baby. Darryl and I have been spending some time thinking about baby names. We have a few that we just love and will probably continue changing our minds until the baby is here. We definitely like more girl names than boy names, but there are a few boy names that we do like. We are always so shocked at how open people are to tell you that they don't like a name! People don't think twice about your baby's name after it arrives, but beforehand they sure do! Also, we will more than likely incorporate family names into the baby's names. I'd like for middle names to either be Taylor (My original family name) or Friend. "Friend" is Darryl's mom's maiden name and I LOVE IT!


Girls Names:
Hazel
Hadley
Nickolette
Brielle
Ainsley

Boys Names:
Oliver
Levin
Hudson
Harper
Sawyer



This is my friend's beautiful mixed baby Leila. Darryl and I often wonder what our baby will look like. We are pretty sure it will have brown eyes (according to Darryl's gene analysis). But, will it have red hair, blond hair, brown hair, freckles???? Well, whatever it has, I know we'll love it!

2 comments:

kbtoys said...

SHE IS SOO CUTE!!!

Yay! I'm excited that you've already updated TWICE this week! :-) And it sounds like Darryl's openning up to those baby suggestions. lol.

Anonymous said...

Love the name...Brielle Taylor Hillard..cute!! I'm rooting for a little girl for Miss Jenna to have a friend..too many boys in the family! : ) For the boys names..I like Hudson. Well I know you'll have a beautiful baby...Congrats Hannah and Darryl!!!!
Jamie-Jake, Jared, Jordan and Miss Jenna