It's about time I mention that I've felt our baby move for about the past two weeks, but way more regularly now than ever. It feels most similar to someone flicking you from the inside. I've felt it most regularly on the lower right side of my stomach, but I also feel it right now up higher on the left side! Our baby is an acrobat in the making. Two nights ago, Baby Hilliard had hiccups. It was pretty cool because Darryl got to feel our baby move (hiccup) for the first time. I've felt hiccups again this morning and they feel different than kicks because they are much more regular and in the same place. I read that hiccups are normal for the baby and they are getting its lungs ready to breathe air...and, now it's not that far away. My pregnancy is nearly halfway over and I can hardly believe it.
My only complaints so far are...
*I feel like 4 weeks between appointments is just way too long. I need reassurance that the baby is okay and even just still alive and there!!!
*Um, let's say heartburn or something that burned. Not fun, but I've only had it once for 2 hours. No more Reese's Pieces and M&Ms in the same day!
*Coughing or standing up quickly and feeling something stretch/rip in my lower stomach. Ouch!!! It makes me afraid to cough and I hold my stomach each time.
*A ridiculous amount of trips to the restroom to pee about a tablespoon, but I swore I have to go so badly
What I've loved...
*Darryl and I already love our baby so much, it's fun to love something that you don't even have yet.
*We love that we can sleep without any interruptions (well for about 5 more months)
*I love being in the baby's room, even though it isn't close to being finished.
*I love pushing around our new stroller.
*That I'm not just looking like a chub anymore and actually starting to look pregnant
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Hannah...I'm so excited and happy for you both...feeling your baby move for the first time, you'll never forget it!
Reading your pregnancy posts always puts a smile on my face because until you've had the experience it's truly hard to describe all the feelings and emotions that come with carrying life!
Can't wait until June 2nd!!
I think EVERY pregnant woman can vouch that it's pretty distressing to have to pee so bad and only pee so little! I remember peeing after my son was born and couldn't believe how much more room I had! I forgot what it was like!
But just for added info (since I've had to comment anonymously), my name is Amanda and my son Brody Alan is now 2 months old :)
Post a Comment