
Baby Hilliard's Nursery is a work in progress. I will begin posting pictures as we start updating the room. We've worked on the room gradually for the past few months to get all of the furniture moved out and baby stuff moved in. This room used to be our workout room and odds and end storage room. We've tried to confine the baby stuff to the closet but now it's growing out of control. As you can see, there are lots of pink dresses in the closet and also some cute camo things! I've tried to buy really cute boy and girl things so I won't cry when I have to return them (I at least know I love the other ones too!)
Here are a few pictures of the baby's room before we start painting. I think that I'd like to do wide stripes in light green and ivory with white trim. We also have a friend who does beautiful murals, so we are deciding if we should go that route. Our nursery is just really small and our furniture is really big...so I'd hate to waste a beautiful mural. Or nursery theme and colors will not change regardless the gender of the baby. We still love our baby bedding and are going to work off of those colors.




As you can see, Baby Hilliard already has a set of Dr. Brown's bottles that come highly recommended by Emily and Locke Taylor. I plan to breastfeed as long as I can; however, I also plan to supplement from birth so Dad can help out too : ) I have recently had two very good friends who put their hearts into nursing and did everything right. And, sometimes our babies just aren't a good fit for breastfeeding and are better bottle babies. So, learning from their experiences...I'm going to start Baby Hilliard on both! If I have an abundant supply of milk, then I'll just pump so Dad can help out. And, if not...I've learned through my friends that it is not the end of the world and there is life beyond the golden breast milk!!!!
As with baby names, I think breastfeeding is a very personal decision as well. I see so many benefits to solely formula feeding a baby (you can maintain a more normal life without feeling like a cow). And, I think it's admirable that some women feel so strongly about feeding their baby's breast milk...to each its own! I think they are both fabulous choices and you just have to be open when you go into it because ultimately a lot of it is out of your control. I just think it is crazy that people (other than doctors) think they can share their opinions with you and sway you one way or another. Maybe I'm just hard headed!

Now I'm in need of a fantastic glider and foot rest. If you have any good suggestions, let me know. I'd like something that matches our dark Cherry wood or a colorful chair that matches the decor. I have a feeling that I will love rocking our baby. I can see myself in the nursery just watching our baby sleep...well, I'll probably never put him or her down so I'll always get to see them sleep!


2 comments:
Fun post Hannah! Love it! I can't wait to see the nursery come together. You and Darryl will have so much fun decorating and organizing Baby Hilliard's room! Enjoy!
For the rocking chair you may try Babies R Us, Burlington Baby Depot, Toys R Us, Pottery Barn Kids or maybe Target. Hope these help you find what you were lookign for!
Post a Comment