Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Six Weeks

Six weeks! Wow, that means I've had approximately 42 nights of really bad sleep. Well, some nights have been better than others...but none like they were before she was here. She loves to look up at me with those big eyes and smile at about 3am. It just makes me fall in love with her all over again.

She has changed so much in just six weeks. She is so alert, is grabbing things, focuses on faces and objects and follows them, blows spit bubbles, spits milk really far if she doesn't want to swallow, and LOVES the bath. I started a nightly routine of taking a bath with Hazel. She stays in the bath with me for around 30 minutes to an hour each night. She loves to float on her back and kick her legs. It's adorable and something I enjoy doing as well. She also loves the water really warm and loves when I heat the water up and she can hear the water running. The bath is the only thing that instantly soothes her besides Darryl's voice. I can not wait to get her in swimming lessons.

1 comment:

kbtoys said...

I can't believe Hazel is 6 1/2 weeks old ALREADY!! It's gone SO fast (for those of us not awake with her every night!) It won't be too much longer than that before it's time to celebrate her first Christmas!