Friday, November 14, 2008

7 Weeks

Wow, weeks are just flying by! I know I say it every week, but I really can not beleive it's been 7 weeks since I had her. She is starting to show more and more of her personality every day. Let me just say, she has a LOT of spirit. I wonder where she gets it? Luckily her smiles are magical because she has an awful temper and is as rotton as can be. Don't dare lay her down or she isntantly cries. She spits out milk if she doesn't want it (and I don't mean just let it run out of her mouth, she spits and makes this noise like shes a little snot), pushes your hands away if you try to give her the paci and she doesn't want it. But, she is as happy as can be if you carry on your day just holding her. She is instantly soothed by being held and being in really warm water. We have been able to soothe her every time she has cried. I'm serious when I say all you have to do is pick her up! It's instant silence, but I get nothing done!!!!

Something new that she is doing is cooing. And, Darryl and I hear her voice come through when she is making noises. We always are like....that's her voice! Did you hear her voice??

As you can see, her eyes are huge! She has really started to focus and consentrate on people and moving objects. She loves to look at Darryl, it's so cute! We are so in love with her and love her more and more each day. She is smiling more and more too. And as you can see from the picture at the top of the blog, Hazel smiles with her entire face. I love it!
Every week Hazel melts down during her one week pictures. Always!!!

Wow, they look alike!

2 comments:

abbittfamily said...

Oh my heavens...that girl is just PRECIOUS! I love that she has such expressive eyes and looks so much like Darryl.

Can't wait to see her (and you of course!

Take care,
Terri Jo

Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

Those eyes!! I can't get over how big they are! And you know I understand not getting anything done!!
Thank you so much for the email about my post...you have NO idea how much it meant to me!! I would love to get together for lunch or something to actually meet you and little Hazel! I feel like I already know you! I'm sure Hazel and Madison would be wonderful together...two little spit fires! :-) Let me know what days are good for you, and hopefully we can set up a "play date!"