Knock on wood...but pregnancy so far has been a breeze. I'm one of the few that feels absolutely no different pregnant than not. I would never know I was if it weren't for the most obvious signs. As you probably remember, I ended up with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Hazel. I've already started the diet to hopefully keep it away for longer or at all. Let's keep our fingers crossed! My first tests came back great, our ultrasound looked good and our baby's heartbeat is fast like Hazel's was. All we need is another bundle of energy around here!!!
I delivered Hazel a month early and she was perfectly healthy. My doctor calls what I have, sporadic pre-term labor. As if my pregnancy wasn't easy enough...I also don't have any labor pains at all (oh, I hope I'm that lucky again this time). That's scary though because they can't stop my labor because I don't know it's happening. So, my water breaks before I know and I'm pretty much already completely dilated. This is perfectly fine if it happens 36+ weeks. My Dr. wants to start me on weekly progesterone injections, but I really don't feel a huge urge to take them since my experience delivering a pre-term baby was fine. She didn't have any evidence of how much earlier I would deliver this baby than the last and just said that all pregnancies are completely different. So today we decided that we'd hold off on the injections this pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed that I can make it close to 36 weeks! I have other reasons than not just wanting to take them....the progesterone injection is not FDA approved, and the side effects on me and the baby are potentially really bad. Oh yea....and I hate shots : )
I probably won't update much on this pregnancy because I forget that I am pregnant, but I'll keep you posted on all the big appointments and updates. We plan to find out what we are having and that appointment is scheduled for January 27th. Wow, that's so soon!!!!! Intelligender tells us it's another girl, so we'll just have to wait and see. It's a fun $30 test that is clinically proven to be 80-90% accurate!!! We aren't painting our nursery based on the results!

4 comments:
YAY!!! I can't wait to start painting! and shopping!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOTH OF YOU
Congrats! I am so excited for you!!! It'll be fun to see if the gender test is correct.
Yeah...happy you finally made the "official" announcement!
We are so thrilled for your family!!
Post a Comment