Monday, April 20, 2009

6 Month Red Chair Photos....well, 7 months tomorrow!


Miss Hazel is 6 months (shh...she'll be 7 months tomorrow, so I figured I needed to finish this post tonight). As you can see from the photos, she is so busy. She never stops. I love it because I'm the same way. She likes to drink her bottles and watch TV upside down. Nothing normal here! As you can see from those photos...changing diapers has become such a challenge. The second I lay her down she is flipping all over the place. I don't mind because her little butt is so cute, but it does make it hard to change her.

Here are a few new things Hazel has started doing this month:

Sitting in high chairs, shopping carts, riding like a big girl in her stroller....Crawling! She primarily goes backwards but she can go any way she wants. Going from laying down to sitting up. Understanding how so many of her toys work. She watches us and then can do what we do. She is obsessed with Sponge Bob and drinking Diet Coke...I know! We make sure it is Caffeine Free. She loves to drink out of Darryl's can and my glasses at restaurants. She can drink from a straw and a sippy cup. She started chewing her food! She used to just slurp everything that went in her mouth and she would choke on small pieces. Now she can eat crackers, bread and other big pieces. She started eating meat this month. She likes it just fine, but LOVES bananas. She got her toenails painted for the first time and took her first trip to Chicago. She was amazing the whole time and slept the entire trip home. She has started interacting so much with Locke. She loves to touch his face and pull on him. He has become so sweet and gentle with her. So, now the roles are reversed. Hazel is now the age that Locke was when she was born. Wow, time flies.

She brings so much joy into our lives. We can not imagine our lives without her and she's just perfect for us!

She loves:

*being busy, out and about
*Sophie
*Locke
*Her Daddy
*my necklaces
*sucking on diaper wipes
*biter biscuits
*her glow worm (really a seahorse)
*warm weather
*baths
*crawling around
*when I scare her she cracks up!
*TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hazel does not like:
*her car seat
*holding still
*peas
*when we wipe her nose or mouth...we have left so many snotty noses because it is not worth the battle
*books, unless they make noise

We love you Hazel. Happy 6 months today and Happy 7 months tomorrow!




She is so strong! She will crawl a little and then she does this push up thing and holds it for a while! It is crazy. We call it her downward facing dog Yoga pose.

1 comment:

aunt erika said...

Oh, Hazel! I can't wait to come see you in a couple weeks...as soon as I finish school!! You're getting too big!