Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fabulous and Four Months







Hazel is fabulous and is now four months old. She cracks us up and brightens every day. She pouts, throws fits and knows exactly what she is doing. Her personality is so vibrant and is really starting to show. She exaggerates everything...her happy is the happiest you have ever seen and her sad is the saddest and makes me cry! I have got to post video of her soon in her jumparoo (our best purchase to date!!!!!) She is a CRAZY bouncer. We always say she gets air because she actually comes out of the seat a little when she bounces. She's still a few inches from touching the ground so she's bouncing off the pillow. We think we might need to tighten the screws soon (it's that out of control).
She has started eating rice cereal and really likes it. Her first day she was only supposed to get a spoonful and after day three she was eating the whole bowl. I can't give it to her fast enough. She knew exactly what to do with food right from the first bite. She also is getting more interested when Darryl and I are eating. She knows how to drink from a can (she tried to drink Darryl's Diet Dr. Pepper the other day). She held the can with both hands and tipped it back to her mouth. She also did the same today with a bottle of water. It's pretty cute. I think by 5 months, Hazel will definitely have tried most baby foods. She's like mommy and LOVES to eat : )
We love her more than I ever knew possible!
Hazel loves....
*Being the center of attention. She's a ham. People always stop us when we are out and comment on her and she grins from ear to ear.
*Her mommy- actually, it's starting to be a problem. I HAVE to be with her at all times. She's going through a stage where she's such a momma's girl. It makes me feel good...but I also enjoy my freedom at times.
*Her daddy- he can also sooth her at almost any time.
*Her jumparoo!
*Drooling, on everything and all the time
*Putting things in her mouth. Everything goes in her mouth if she can figure out how to get it there.
*Standing, she always wants to stand. She's working hard on sitting up and is pretty good at it. I bet by her 5 month post, she'll be sitting on her own or pretty close.
*TV, she can watch an entire episode of Sponge Bob. She loves to watch TV.
*Being out and about. She is happiest if we are out and busy. She gets stir crazy in the house, just like me.
Hazel does not like....
*Being in a room by herself
*Being without her mom
*When she can't get something into her mouth
*Sleeping in her room. I pray it's just a stage, but she ends up in our bed every night. She had been doing such a great job sleeping through the night in her room....but no longer!!! She wakes up about 3-4 times a night.

3 comments:

kbtoys said...

I know this is so cliche, but I CANNOT believe how fast she's growing up! I haven't seen her in way too long!! And she's doing so much more since the last time I saw her. :-(

Jessica said...

I was surprised to see that Hazel and Lillian own the same outfit. I just posted her in the same hat and sweater. Hazel is absolutely adorable!

abbittfamily said...

Oh Hannah-your post (as rare as they may be) never disappoint!

I LOVE being able to watch Hazel grow up...she is so beautiful. You and Darryl are doing such an amazing job. Happiness just pours out of that little face!

I may make a solo trip to Indy so I can give Hazel a squeeze!