So, many of you know that I've had one of the easiest pregnancies so far! Hazel, Darryl and I have been so blessed. Please keep us in your prayers as I've been experiencing some very sharp chest pains and numbness in my left arm. The chest pain is so severe when I breathe, it makes me never want to take a deep breath. I went to the ER the other evening, but was not ready to do all of the tests ordered because of potential threat to Hazel. Um, and I left with my hand hurting worse than my chest after the IV. Ouch!!!!
I had two pretty good days of the pains getting better, but they were back pretty bad last night and all day today. The major fear would be a clot in my left lung. I only have 1 of the 3 symptoms, so I'm holding onto that for hope. I obviously don't want anything to be wrong with me, but it scares me to death to do anything that jeopardizes my pregnancy. My OB has assured me that the CT scan of my chest will be fairly safe and it would be worth doing the scan even if they didn't find a clot. So, if the pain lasts much longer or gets any worse, I'm going to go back in for the tests.
There are several other things that the pains could be, but the clot is the most life threatening and the leading cause of death during pregnancy. Yikes! It's just so hard because the rest of me feels great. I just don't feel like it could be something this serious....but when I have one of the pains it feels like what I'd imagine a heart attack to feel like.
I will update if we decide to follow through with the testing so everyone can cover us in prayer!!!!!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that doesn't sound good at all. :-(
Hannah - You, Darryl and Hazel are in our prayers! Please rest and call me if you need ANYTHING!! I'd love an update if you do have the tests just to know you and the baby are fine!
Miss you!
Terri Jo
I found your blog through a friend of mine. I wanted to share with you the story of my best friend....http://www.mattlogelin.com/archives/2008/04/13/what-happened/
Please take care of yourself. Your life is so important to Hazel!
Blessings.
Hey Hannah! Hope that you are feeling better. : )
Post a Comment