Friday, November 13, 2009

Hazel's First Birthday

So....about two months after her first birthday, I'm ready for the post. I love to use the excuse that I'm too busy to post and usually I feel like I am. But, I find the time to do just about anything else. I knew I was never much of the blogging type. I've never been one to hold onto memories and I always just live in the present and the future...never really look back at the past. So, it's cool for me to get on the blog and go back to look at all of my old posts and pictures!

Hazel's first birthday was PERFECT! She was the cutest, most fun birthday girl ever and we had the perfect party. Darryl and I decided to have the party at our house. We had just done a lot of work to give our house a new face lift and we wanted to show it off and just be comfortable on her big day. The weather was absolutely perfect! We could not have asked for a more beautiful, sunny, yet cool day. And, Hazel had friends coming out of the woodwork! There were so many kids here and it was so fun to watch them all play together.
As you can tell, we had a Sponge Bob party. We have forced Hazel to worship Sponge Bob. She wakes up saying Sponge Bob and chants his name when he's on TV. I never liked it until I married Darryl. Now, I find myself watching it even when Hazel is napping. It's adult humor with fun animation for the kids. Hazel needs her "Spon Bob"!!!
This was the only family picture we could get. In order for Hazel to hold still, Darryl had to smell her feet! We've created a monster...but a cute one!

Lucy, Locke, Claire and Hazel....what cute kids! Thanks for celebrating with us!

We made a Pumpkin Patch for Hazel's party. All of the kids got to pick a mini pumpkin to take with them as their treat.

I love this picture of my mom and Hazel. Hazel LOVES her grandma. Hazel can not get enough Grandma time and she actually prefers my mom to me! It's fine with me because I need a break sometimes : ) Who wouldn't like the person who loves you so much and lets you do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you want????? I love her to! She lets you wash dishes, eat off her plate, stir her drink, go up and down the stairs.....ya....whatever you want! SPOILED!
Here is a picture of the "famous" Scrappy Toy box. Hazel's grandpa Scrappy made this for her and it is HUGE! If you have any ideas on where we can put this, please let me know. Hazel really likes to play inside of it. We love it and it's so special because it was made with so much love!!!!! When we have another kid, please just add their name to the box. We really can't handle two of these bad boys!

Here is my good friend Terri. I love this girl and hate that she moved from Fishers and took her family with her. We are thrilled for them, but I miss her dearly!!!!!!!! And, really wish the girls could play more together. You'll see Terri's adorable twins later.

Locke, my mom and Miss Hazel

We opened presents! This was one of Hazel's favorite gifts from Aunt Emily, Locke and Kyle. It's her Lucy Doll from Pottery Barn kids and it's light brown.....our favorite kind!

We ate cake! It went from happy to sad pretty quick. Hazel doesn't like to be messy.


We ate meatballs, lots of meatballs. Pictured above are Grandma Roberta and adopted Grandma Anita. They finally made it to the party after getting a flat tire! Sorry guys! They came with Hazel's most favorite presents. Grandma Anita brought Hazel a HUGE stuffed bunny and she just LOVED it. And Grandma Roberta brought so much stuff (Theresa too). There were so many great Sponge Bob gifts and Hazel just loves anything Sponge Bob. She would wear her Sponge Bob pajamas every night if she could!

The gift table

What a cute picture! These two make me so happy!!!


How sweet is my nephew? He's just adorable and has the sweetest personality. He always wants to share, help and hold hands. He has his rotten side too...but definitely a good boy and he just loves Hazel!

Now how many kids can play with one toy at a time?

We did a Nacho Bar and it was a hit. I highly suggest it for a party! Chips, Queso, Grilled Chicken, Salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos......

And, yes, I make other kids 1st birthday cakes. And, no, I do not make my own daughter's first birthday cake! I did however spend about 3 months making her outfit! If you email me requesting this Sponge Bob dress in your daughter's size....be prepared to take out a loan! I probably spent 20 hours alone making ruffles, this dress was full of ruffles. Ever single piece of the characters was hand drawn and sewn (no embroidery machine used).....lots of work but can't wait to see what I come up with for next year! Hazel loves to wear her Sponge Bob dress all the time!



1 comment:

Aunt Erika said...

Yay! An update! :-)