Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The verdict is in!!!




We are having a baby GIRL! I am beside myself and could not be happier. Both Darryl and I were very open to whatever God decided to bless us with, but deep down inside were both praying for a little girl. I feel like my entire world just changed when I heard those words. We both shared a few tears of happiness with each other and with our family. We are blessed because she looks very healthy from all of the test we opted to take and from the detailed ultrasound. She is a little hard headed and wouldn't cooperate during the ultrasound. She was doing a headstand, go figure!!! So, at our next appointment, we'll get to see her again so they can measure her brain. They just couldn't get a good picture of it yesterday. However, she did straddle her legs so the technician could see loud and clear that she's a little girl!

We love her so much!

We had an awesome cookout last night with friends and family...pictures to come. We had lots of blue balloons on the mailbox so people would think it was a boy when they pulled up and then the house was decked out in PINK. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!


So, now we get to decide on a name. We have narrowed our list down to two and absolutely love them both. I have always imagined I'd have a minnie me named Hazel, but I also love the name Brielle. So, she will more than likely be one or the other. There are so many girl names that we love, but we luckily have been able to narrow it down to our favorites. Man, I really thought I'd be announcing Oliver today. That probably would have been our little boy's name.

So, if we name her Brielle, we'll probably call her Bre or Elle. If we name her Hazel, we'll probably call her Zell or Zelly.

Me and Aimee!

Future Dad and Mom!

Erika was the champion...well, since last winner took all, that is. She chose to name our daughter Hazel (I said the winner could pick).

The men at the party were look'n good. Love the pink!

Lis and Pam. Thanks for bringing the extra pretzel dessert Pam!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you both!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I am soooooo excited for you both!! and Miss Jenna is going to have a girl cousin to play with. : ) I love both of the names and can't wait till she arrives!!! You look beautiful by the way~

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun......

Julie Ray

kbtoys said...

Hazel Brielle Hilliard!
Here's my vote, and you know since I won Bocci Ball the other night, I get the final say. :-)
I was actually going to recommend this before I saw you were considering it.

Here's my logic: Hazel AND Brielle, you get the best of both worlds. PLUS, I think they go really well together. It's not an awkward full name to say at all! Even though you don't get a family name in there, it still looks and sounds good.

AND!! I really want to call her Hazelbunny!!! :-) She can be Hazelbunny26. yes!

I will say, I was looking forward to the name Oliver, but I'm SOO excited for a niece to go along with my nephew! YAY for baby GIRL Hilliard!!