Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All the Nursery is missing is Hazel....and some furniture!

On Friday night, Emily, Locke, Erika (aka Kelly), Darryl and I all worked on the nursery. Darryl started by cleaning the entire room out while I was in San Francisco with my mom. He then painted the ceiling white, painted the trim and doors, changed all hardware to brushed stainless and put in a new light fixture. Next, he painted all of the walls ivory, to match her bedding. On Friday, Darryl taped the walls for about 5 hours!!! He did an amazing job and used a laser leveler to get each line as straight as possible. Wow, that's a lot of tape! Way to go Dad (from Hazel).

Emily and Locke as the taping began!


Emily tying Darryl's Shoe

Locke helping his Aunt


Potentially mine and Darryl's future baby!


Emily, Erika and I worked for about 4 hours trying to do math and figure out what stripe color needed to go where. We just could not understand why 2, 3 and 4 wouldn't go evenly into 5. Making stripes divisible by 5 is hard work!!!! And, mind you, we couldn't just do the math. We had to do a color and numbering system on a piece of paper and mark every stripe with a specific color. After about 10 different run throughs, we finally figured it out! Darryl could have probably told us in about 2 minutes that what we were doing would never work, but it was fun figuring it out on our own. We even had a song that went along with the colors so we wouldn't forget. I'm going to go back and add a thin red stripe down the middle of the large ivory stripes, but that was just too much for one night! I mean, we already striped 4 different colors and red will make 5. Gosh, I hope this little girl realizes how much we lover her!

Emily is strategically coloring out stripes!






Yes, this is what a baby girls closet should look like! (According to her mom)

Hazel's furniture is not here yet, so I stacked the rest of her clothes in piles on the floor. She sure won't be naked!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the pictures of the nursery! I can't wait to stop by and see for myself! And oh my, the clothes?!?! Hazel has so many!! She is going to be so well dressed...I couldn't imagine her any other way! :-)

abbittfamily said...

WOW...is pretty much all I can say. That is a lot of work and it obviously paid off because it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

did you ever get around to painting the red stripes, or the letters? because I never got a phone call!